SEO and Online Marketing Services Drive Increased Revenues
To me it is amazing and disturbing how many charlatans (I don’t even want to attach the term SEO to them) push useless services. My all-time favorites are the ones who offer Search Engine Submission services as an ongoing service.
If there were shortcuts to search engine optimization and online marketing there would not be so many service providers around the globe. A considerable amount of them specialize in niche aspects of SEO or Marketing.
This is for anyone who is seeking or planning to seek SEO and/or online marketing services.
In my experience it is in your businesses best interest to establish a long term relationship with a professional SEO / Online Marketing company or individual that provides Results Based services
By Results I Mean acceptable Predefined Conversion Metrics
I am not talking about receiving colorful and possibly confusing monthly analytics reports, with little to no other work being performed. I have seen clients who have paid for monthly SEO services for considerable lengths of time who received nothing more than their monthly reports. In a lot of cases just check your site files to make sure they are being accessed and changed somewhat regularly, unless you are working with strictly inbound marketing or content creation which you should be seeing the work that is being performed regularly.
By conversion I mean, sales, increased realistic inquiries via phone, email, live or even mail. More sign-ups, downloads, request, bookmarks, shares, or something tangible like an increase in your daily deposits.
Now it is time to sign a long term contract so you don’t lose your SEO / Marketing professional to another company.
Results based SEO / marketing professionals are sought more than they seek.
No pun intended.
In my opinion there are a couple things that can be considered simple:
- The results you’re achieving even without looking at the monthly analytics / statistics should be obvious.
- You are NOT wondering exactly what it is that those SEO and Online Marketer(s) do.
- It hasn’t even occurred to you to cut the expenses to your SEO – Online Marketer but, then again it shouldn’t have occurred to you that you need to cut any expenses in a while
- You are thinking about increasing the scale, the hours, and the budget for your marketing efforts
Results are defined by;
Increase in Primary or Multiple Predefined Constant(s) Results
Period of Time
Increase in Ratio: Client Bank Deposits x ($Amount )Deposited )
ROI = Return on Investment
Mass Storage Devices
Data storage has evolved in recent years, and storage devices can vary in cost, performance, size and storage space quite a bit.
Magnetic Storage Device
Hard drives are the primary storage device in most personal computers. Hard drives use magnets to record data on rotating metal platters.
Benefits of Magnetic Storage Devices
Solid state drives are the only drives that are faster than hard drives; however the cost to store date is pennies per gigabyte.
Advantages of Magnetic Storage Devices
- Inexpensive storage
- Very fast access to data
- Direct access on any part of the drive
- Very large amounts of storage space
Disadvantages of Magnetic storage devices
- Data can be altered by magnetic fields, dust, mechanical problems
- Gradually lose their charge over time – data lost
- Hard disks eventually fail which stops the computer from working
- The surface of the disk, can lose data within sectors with regular crashes
- Cannot transfer the disk to another computer easily
Optical Storage Device
Optical drives include CD’s, DVD’s and Blu-ray disks and they all use a lens to read and write information. CD-R, DVD-R, BD-R can be written to once and are then Read only, while CD-RW, DVD-RW, BD-RW are Read Write so they can be written many times.
Benefits of Optical Storage Devices
CD’s, DVD’s and Blu-ray disks are great to record music, movies, games, and software applications. It seems with optical storage an advantage can also be a disadvantage depending on how they are being used.
Advantages of Optical Storage Devices
- Optical discs are portable and can be read on many different devices
- Very inexpensive
- Memory is retained even when the power is turned off
- Durable and last a long time
- Archived data cannot be overwritten on read only CD-R, DVD-R, BD-R formats
- Can random access data no matter where or when it was stored
Disadvantages of Optical Storage Devices
- Require special drives to read/write
- Compared to other storage devices they have little storage
- Can be expensive per GB/TB
- There are compatibility issues with different drives
- Lack of standards for grading quality and for longevity tests
- You can write once on read only CD-R, DVD-R, BD-R formats
Solid State Storage Device (SSD)
Solid state drives use flash memory and could possibly make conventional hard drives obsolete. They are compatible with SATA or SAS, and use standard form factors of 3.5-, 2.5- or 1.8-inch.
Benefits of Solid State Storage Devices
Solid State Storage Devices are durable, reliable, have a long service life and they can rewrite and erase data very often.
Advantages of Solid State Storage Devices
- Start-up faster due to no spin-up and they are faster than magnetic hard drives
- When seeks on the hard disk seeks are limited they have faster launch times
- They last longer and some are waterproof
- All data stored can be scanned quickly for security purposes
Disadvantages of Solid State Storage Devices
- Solid State Storage devices are expensive
- Vulnerable to abrupt power loss, magnetic fields, and electrical and static charges
- Limited writes cycles wear out after 100,000-300,000
- High endurance
- Larger erase blocks make random write speeds slow
“What are the advantages/disadvantages of using | within your website page titles and descriptions? Is it better to use them instead of a comma?”
I believe the Googlebot doesn’t take this into consideration at all.
Personally I think it looks cool and I use it often. Over the years I have loosely tracked what difference using “|” “,“ “-“ “_ “ has on rankings.
The only ones that seem to cause a response from Googlebot s the comma“,” and the hyphen and “-“, and I noticed that the difference that it causes’ is just one tiny thing in a sea of tiny little algorithms.
The few things that seem to cause an almost immediate effect is:
1. Page Titles
3. Incoming Links
4. Making sure your page title, meta-description, keywords & content support each other
Of course all of the tiny things do make a difference in the big picture especially in highly competitive situations… hence, “Optimization”
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
“Enhance, improve, augment, raise, boost heighten, elevate, adjust”
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Optimize (transitive verb)
1. “enhance the effectiveness of something”
“to make something function at its best or most effective, or use something to its best advantage”
2. “write program concisely”
“to write computer programming instructions for a task in as few lines as possible to maximize the speed and efficiency of program execution”
I know I have gotten a little distant from your original question but I think it is all interesting. Hope you do to.
Has this changed with the Penguin update?… will probably be a topic of discussion for months to come.
I know one thing for sure the items I mentioned that do cause an immediate effect seem to have remained constant through all of the updates over the years.
At least since 1998 anyway.
Here are 3 very useful articles on troubleshooting your Wireless Network, Audio, and the pest of all pest printer problems.
Sorry Mac… It’s all about PC’s today – you probably don’t have these problems anyway.
Ideally search engine optimization should start before you even begin outlining and planning your web site. Optimally your site architecture should be based on your how your new customers our searching for you; or that prince of all activities “Keyword Research”.
SEO doesn’t stop there it continues on through every process of the site build. For instance here are some cool seo tools I use.
That’s it for today, however stayed tunes I will eventually share all the nifty little optimization tools I use to get results for my clients.
On a side note…
One week till valentine’s day… Don’t forget the loveez…
Here is the full photograph that was used in the banner of this blog.
I think it’s Beautiful!
Makes me feel almost as good as when a customer calls and says “We just made the biggest sale we have ever made as a company from a website lead… Keep it coming!”